Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Heart Check up

I feel I and we have been in a season of God really examining our hearts. He is checking our attitudes, our motives, our desires good or bad. (Proverbs 21:2) God wants the center of our hearts and the Holy Spirit wants to engulf every area of our lives. Bottom line is we have to get lined up with God’s will. Is this hard and a constant struggle for you too? I think it is for me because I constant think about what I want to do in life and where I want to be and how successful and satisfied I want to be.  Is it bad to think about success and all these good things? No, I don’t think so, but if it’s squeezing out the presence of God in my life because my focus stays on it then yes. God does want us to be successful (Jeremiah 29:11), but He wants more for our hearts to be in line and right with Him because the scripture tell us apart from God we can do nothing, but through Christ I can do all things. So, if you feel like you are going against the grain or your confused about where you are going or about what God wants you to do, stop and get at the feet of God and let Him purify your heart today. We got to get to a place in our hearts of fully trusting God with our lives because He is the great ‘I am”. He is our provider and I believe we are at a place of Him wanting to show us that.

No comments:

Post a Comment