Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Preparing for Regionals

Coming out of sectionals and sitting in 38th place my mind is telling me I need to keep working hard, keep lifting heavy weights, get faster, more mobile, better skilled, and better mentally prepared at the challange ahead. I have a desire to be at the top as any other athlete who enjoys to compete. But is this the year or not is what rolls through my head. Am I even good enough to compete with those top guys? They are so dang strong and fast. While all this goes through my head my lower back is in pain. Again is this your will for me God? With the negitive thoughts I have to slow down and say I trust you Lord. I have to set fear aside and believe in my Father that He makes no mistakes. He knows whats best for me, and to get where I am going I have to learn what He is teaching me in the now. Of course I want to be going all out in training and getting better, but what if I have this injury because God has something for me to do so much bigger? He has something to tell me that could change my life and others. One thing I know He is talking to me clearly about is balance, and serving Him above all things. I know in my heart I am gifted at what I do, and I want to use my God given abilities to pursue competetion in crossfit. I can't forget that He wants to use them for His glory and for serving others. Maybe this injury is to get my attention on what really matters which isnt myself. I believe if Im serving God and others my dreams and desires to compete at crossfit will just come natrually. So Lord here I am. I am yours. I trust you. As scary as that may be. God never makes a mistake.

Luke 9:23-25

Then he told them what they could expect for themselves: "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat—I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you?

1 comment:

  1. Just know Josh that by coaching and training all the people that you do, young and old, and doing it in a way that people see the importance of faith, you will be guided In the right direction whether you are competing or just being a coach! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete