Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Finding your purpose

Here recently the Lord has been pushing me towards something. I'm blindly making baby steps towards a plan Hes got but still with some hesitation. Its always been a struggle for me to "walk by faith" into the unknown. Why might you ask? Well fear of the unknown, fear of giving up my so called agenda, my plans I try to make for myself, and fear of rejection and failure. God has something bigger than ourselves planned for eachone of us. Its called our mission. We all have a place of ministry in the body of Christ, but God gives specific unique missions for each person. So if you have been in a place that God is shaping you and building your character keep allowing him to nudge you. He is releasing missions right now, and He is trying to get us to place of an open heart, spirit, mind, and will so we might go to new heights.

Here is a cool way to find more about what your mission might be. Its your SHAPE.

Spiritual gifts
Hearts desires
Abilities
Personality
Experience

Somwhere lying in who God shaped you to be is where your mission is.

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10

Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.  Luke 9:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment