Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Experience at Regionals

My experience this year at regionals I would have to say was pretty good.  I ended up 23rd among some amazing athletes. Going into regionals I had alot of self doubt and a lack of confidence not knowing what was going to happen because I felt under trained and a lack of strength. I believe that the Lord had me right where He wanted me. This year He really showed me that I can do nothing in my own strength. Growing up I never really had to rely on the Lord. I just used my natrual abilities in sports and I achieved some great things. With CrossFit I have really had to rely on Him because there always seems to be some kind of weakness exploided. Thats why I love it. Because it leads me to wanting more, and takes me to a place of bettering myself as a man, and athlete. It will bring you to such a place of weakness you really get to find out what your all about. In those moments is when I become closer to God, because they are when Im most weak and vunerable. Those moments I learn what it takes to be a champion. Although Im not there yet, I will never give up on myself because I know there is something so much bigger and greater living and thriving inside. With all that said I look forward to training for 2012 on purpose. That purpose is be the best I can be, grow closer to God, and learn more about who I am. Most important I just want to live on purpose and become a greater man, husband, son, and friend. CrossFit is just a tool I use to push myself to be great. I know that championships and medals fade away but who we are last forever. I want to leave this earth knowing I never gave up, and gave it all that I could to be great, and hopefully along the way I get to help and show others they can do the same. So heres to next year...

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31

But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. Jeremiah 17:7

All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally.I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! 1 Corinthians 9:25-26

 

1 comment: